Pharmacy schools are opening all over the country, and the great state of Texas is included in this boom. Pharmacology is a great career option and a growing field. The medical field is one sector that rarely shows an employment decline, even in a bad economy. The influx of pharmacology schools reflects the high demand for pharmacists, a well-respected and high paying job. Students in Texas who are considering careers in pharmacology are fortunate to have a variety of choices. Pharmacology schools can be difficult to get into, and students looking to get into pharmacy schools in Texas have seven different choices.
- Texas A&M Health Science Center Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy – This school is located on the College’s Kingsville Campus. This school was created in response to a shortage of pharmacists in the border region.
- Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy and Health Services – Located in Houston, this facility offers Doctor of Pharmacology degrees, as well as many other types of Health Services degrees.
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy – This Pharmacy School in Texas is a large research facility.
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy – The Houston based Pharmacy School offers several different degrees, and also the opportunity for post-doctoral research fellowships.
- University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy – This private Catholic university in San Antonio offers a new Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy – This new pharmacy program is the first where future pharmacists will be educated beside future physicians.
- University of Texas where to buy trenbolone College of Pharmacy – In 2008, US News and World Report ranked this school among the elite programs of Pharmacology Education in the United States.
If you are hoping to get into one of these pharmacy schools in Texas, it is recommended that you apply early. Competition is fierce for admission, and the earlier you apply, the better. It is also recommended that you apply to more than one school. Admissions are selective, and if you are not able to get into one of these fine schools, you have a chance of being accepted by another. If you only apply to one school and are not accepted, you will have to wait a full year before you are able to apply again.
So you can see that if you are looking at Pharmacy Schools in Texas, you have a variety of excellent college choices, and you would be lucky to get into any one of them. The growing profession of pharmacology is a demanding and worthwhile career. Pharmacists have a great deal of responsibility, and the pay reflects that. Pharmacists can find work in hospitals, drug stores, or retail and grocery stores which have a pharmacy. Specialty compounding pharmacies also employ pharmacists. This growing field is mirrored in the growing number of pharmacy schools which is spring up all over America. In the great state of Texas, you have seven great choices of pharmacy school.